Monday, September 12, 2011

Bio Baba Eco-Nappies & Belly Casts at Open Day!!









BIOBABA - Eco friendly nappies - we support local South African products!


Hilary Green – Mom, Doula, Artist

Everyone needs to find something to be passionate about. I am fortunate enough to have found several things. Top of my list are being a Mom, art, and childbirth. My ultimate goal is to get to a place where all three come together in a happy symphony
I discovered my passion for child birth in 2002 when I found out I was pregnant for the first time. I took in as much information as I possibly could about pregnancy and childbirth and I distinctly remember thinking to myself “Wow – I want to be a part of this birthing world!”
Initially, I put that thought to the back of my mind, thinking it was probably just a phase and concentrated on being a Mom, to a wonderful little boy, and two years later a little girl. Once my kids were past the hectic toddler stages and I realised that I was still as passionate as ever about natural childbirth, I decided to pursue my passion and enrolled myself in a course to learn how to become a doula. Since then, I have worked both as a staff doula and a private doula at Genesis, as well as assisting at home births. I have helped numerous moms, during their pregnancies and in labour and post partum and I have been privileged to witness their babies come earthside.
As for the art - I have loved art in all its forms for as long as I can remember. A paintbrush has never been far from my hand or my heart. In the last few years, I have mostly concentrated on personalised art work for babies and kids. I have recently discovered the beauty of belly casting – a fabulous memento of the most special period in any woman’s life. I have created a DIY casting kit and also offer private casting sessions, decorating and workshops at Mother Instinct in Randburg.
And the parenting – well that is the greatest passion of all. Becoming a mother is the greatest gift! Whilst the manner in which we welcome our children into the world is of paramount importance, the manner in which we bring them up is of even more importance.
I am all about conscious living and in turn, conscious parenting. For me, that means being aware of my place in the world, being present and realising how my actions affect my kids, the world around me and the world at large. I don’t always achieve all I set out to but my intentions are good! It’s the little things we do as parents and citizens that make all the difference.
In my journey of self and doula discovery, I have come across all sorts of parenting related options that I was not aware of when I was a new mom. One of them is Bio-Baba eco nappies. I was shocked and horrified when I calculated how much money we personally wasted on disposable nappies when our kids were little and the only alternative to disposables was ye olde’ terry towel squares. Worse still was the damage we did to the planet by using disposables!
I love the concept and ease of use of Bio-Baba’s eco friendly nappies and all it takes to make a cost and eco saving change to the world is to shift your mindset a little!


BIO BABA will give away a fantastic trial pack for Open Day!

Check out Bio-Baba’s website for the full story http://www.biobaba.co.za/.
If you are interested in doula support services, belly casting or would like to see a demonstration of the Bio-Baba concept,



don’t hesitate to give me a call on 083 634 5766.

No comments:

Post a Comment